How to Transform a Leaky Home with House Renovations
As your local licensed builders, Next Level Construct is your one-stop shop for home renovations and home extensions. Do you need re-cladding services to fix leaky homes, restore a tired home or to add value to your property?
Whether you’re adding a second floor or you just want to upgrade your home, our re-cladding services will get the job done for you.
No Need to Worry, Next Level Construct Are Here to Help!
Re-cladding is a necessary home renovation when the old cladding on your home deteriorates. Cladding is tough and reliable but it must be replaced when it starts to degenerate.
Signs of serious wear include:
• Leaks: If you’re experiencing leaks, old cladding is the usual suspect. The good news is that cladding is relatively easy to fix. Simply check that the leaks haven’t damaged the interior and have any vulnerable areas fixed (we can do that for you). After the necessary repairs, we’ll re-clad your home and ensure it is leak-proof in the future.
• Gaps in the cladding: There aren’t supposed to be any gaps in your cladding. If there are, it indicates that the cladding has moved and will need to be checked. Rectification work will be required to prevent further issues.
• Corrosion: A little bit of corrosion is no big deal as long as it hasn’t opened up holes where water can get in. A lot of corrosion, however, is potentially expensive trouble. Extensive corrosion also means the old cladding has basically had its day and must be replaced. It doesn’t just look awful; it can do real damage.
Fixing Your Cladding
Before you make any decisions:
• Get your cladding inspected by professionals. Cladding really isn’t a DIY/handyman job, particularly if there are possible issues with water penetration. An experienced builder will know where the problems will be and can give you reliable information and services about re-cladding.
• Get a quote, itemised for all aspects of the job. This includes work to repair or replace water-affected timbers, waterproof seals and other related work. This type of work protects your home and keeps the interior in good condition, but you need to be fully aware of costs. At Next Level Construct, you’re always kept in the loop.
• Consider the cost-benefits. As well as a complete quote, think about the many benefits that re-cladding can provide. Re-cladding your tired home alone will add great value to your property. Couple this with a major renovation like a second-storey extension and you’re sure to see the benefits if you put your home on the market.
Upon the very first site visit it was clear there was going to be a challenge ahead, the site was covered in dense bush that made it near to impossible to even make it onto the site. Along with the dense bush the site had an additional feature of a stream running along the very back edge of the property. Although a unique element for a home, it was clear site stabilisation and flood levels were going to be a major construction issue.
The next step was to begin ground works, one of the biggest challenges of this project. 20 piles were to be drilled 7.5 meters deep to stabalise the site as it was an overland flood path. Timbre poles and braces were put in so we could being the construction of the timbre sub floor.
Once the ground works were complete and the team had something to work with they got started on the timbre work which included laying the sub-flooring and then standing the timbre framework on top. At the same time the drilling took place to install the horizontal water tank system.
Timbre roof rafters were craned in and placed on-top of the frames so the roof could be installed. 3 velux's were built into the roof to add natural light to internal spaces. Once the roof was installed the building was wrapped with building paper to assist with weather tightness and the windows and bi-fold doors were installed.
As the builders got busy on the exterior of the house putting on the weather boards, the inside was filled with the sub-contractors coming in to begin the fit-out of plumbing, electrical and insulation.
The next big step was to get all the Gib plaster board fixed and stopped so the skirtings and architraves could be installed and the painters could begin not only internally but externally as well.
Now is when the exciting stuff begins for the clients, all their selections begin to show up on site, tiles were installed, bathrooms fitted off, kitchen goes in, carpets and curtains are done and the landscaping and driveways will be underway.
Finally the code of compliance was issued and the keys were handed over to the happy homeowners
What we offer you?
Here at Next Level Construct Ltd. we understand and have seen first hand that every project is unique and have their own requirements, so through our experiences we have learnt to be flexible and have the ability to 'think outside the box' when approaching different and new projects. We have a couple of points that help every one of our New Builds become success stories.
- We have our very own 999 point checklist that we strictly adhere to with every one of our new build projects. This checklist is so thorough it breaks down each part of the new build ensuring every little detail is covered throughout the entire duration of your building process. This guarantees you that all workmanship on your new build is of highest quality and meets all industry standards.
- We have our very own project scheduling system that gives you detailed breakdown of each stage of your new build from start to finish. Our exclusive software has so many benefits that our previous clients each rave about how the system has been useful for the success of their own building process.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision it to continue to grow and develop the business and to provide a higher quality service that builds to assist the Auckland region in reaching their own desires for their dream home. This will be pursued through abiding to our 4 core values and exceptional building practices and expertise.
An environment of Trust and Honesty that always encourages truthfulness and to let our performance speak for itself and admit our mistakes
Belief in ourselves and one another to pursue our mission and projects in accordance with our values
Integrity in all situations, whatever the pressures, wherever we may be and no matter the potential consequences
Respect for one another, this includes all parties involved with the completion of the construction process, our clients, our staff and our sub-contractors.
There are a lot of daunting aspects that can come along with completing your dream architectural new build project. One of those is knowing where, when and how to start your build without overlooking all the crucial elements. Here at Next Level Construct Ltd. we realise every project is unique and every client will have their own set of needs and requirements. That is why we have put together these 8 easy steps to a building success, ensuring for a smooth building experience.